Basic Tender, Juicy Meatballs.
Ingredients of Basic Tender, Juicy Meatballs
- It’s 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 lb of ground pork.
- You need 1/3 cup of cream, any kind you have, heavy or light or half and half.
- You need 1/3 cup of fresh white soft bread crumbs ( about 2 slices pulsed in food processor ).
- Prepare 2 large of egg yolks.
- You need 2 of minced cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of finely chopped small onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of grated romano or parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- You need 1 tsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of beef broth.
Basic Tender, Juicy Meatballs instructions
- In a in a medium skillet add butter and olive oil and cook onion and garlic gently until soft but not brown. Cool to room temperature..
- whisk cream and egg yolks in bowl, add fresh bread crumbs and let sit while finishing the rest of the recipe..
- In a large bowl, add beef, pork, cooled onion/garlic mixture, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, romano cheese, hot sauce and finally soaked bread crumb mixture with any extra liquid not absorbed. Gently mix until all is well combined. Chill an hour or more for easy meatball forming..
- Preheat oven to 425.Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non stick spray..
- Form meat mixture into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls, lay in single layer on baking sheet. Pour warmed broth around them, cover loosely with foil. Bake 18 to 25 minutes just until cooked through…
- They are now ready to use in any recipe you want meatballs in. With pasta and marinara or alfreado sauce. In sandwiches, subs, pizzas, quesadillas and wraps. Even in omelettes. They freeze great. Freeze individually and then pack in a freezer bag to always have them on hand!.