Meatball sub casserole. Reviews for: Photos of Meatball Sub Casserole. Meatball Sub Casserole. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. It's so easy to enjoy this classic sub in casserole form!
Ingredients of Meatball sub casserole
- You need 1 loaf of Italian bread.
- Prepare 1 lb of thawed fully cooked frozen meatballs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 of 8oz block softened cream cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- You need 1 of 26oz jar of tomato pasta sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
This Meatball Sub Casserole is one of my favorite meals to cook for my family. We really love one pot meals, and this one is always a winner… like my Cheesesteak Pasta and Chicken Parmesan Pasta! MEATBALL SUB CASSEROLE — Everything you love about a meatball sub sandwich in convenient casserole form. There are several versions of meatball sub casserole online and after several attempts, we created a version we love.
Meatball sub casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- slice bread loaf into 1inch slices. I usually do 5-6 slices depending on width of loaf..
- If you want your casserole bread base firm, then lightly toast them directly on the preheated oven rack..(i prefer/recommend doing this).
- place bread into bottom of lightly greased casserole pan..
- mix seasonings, cream cheese, and mayonnaise together. Make sure to mix very well..
- spread mixture over bread evenly..
- sprinkle 1/2 of mozzarella over mixture..
- mix sauce, meatballs and water together.
- pour on top of casserole evenly.
- sprinkle rest of cheese on top.
- bake 30-35 minutes until bubbly and thoroughly heated..
- taken from "gooseberry farms 101 cozy casseroles".
We now keep our Meatball Sub Casserole in our monthly dinner rotation! + Meatball Sub Casserole. Searching for easy casseroles using frozen meatballs? Meatball sub casserole is a famous comfort meal made in many American-Italian homes. The casserole is prepared by lining a casserole dish with bread and layers of cheese, juicy and savory. This Meatball Sub Casserole has been in our monthly dinner rotation for some time now.