Italian wedding soup. After reading everyone elses reviews this is what I did to make the best Italian wedding soup I've EVER tasted. I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup. I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up.
Ingredients of Italian wedding soup
- Prepare of meatballs.
- Prepare 1 of small onion. grated.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped fresh italian parsley.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 slice of fresh white bread crust trimmed, torn into small pieces.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 8 oz of ground beef.
- Prepare 8 oz of ground pork.
- It’s 1 of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of soup.
- Prepare 12 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 lb of curly endive or escarole chopped.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of freshly grated parmesan.
- You need 1 of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- It’s 1/2 box of acini di pepe pasta.
The part that takes the most time is making the meatballs. You can use any combination of ground meat you like. The whole family loves this Italian wedding soup with tender meatballs, veggies and pasta in a rich, flavorful broth. Stir the soup in a circular motion.
Italian wedding soup step by step
- To make the meatballs: stir the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork. Using 1 1/2 teaspoons for each, shape the meat mixture into 1/2 inch diameter meatballs. Place on a baking sheet..
- To make the soup: bring the broth to a boil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the meatballs, curly endive and pasta and simmer until meatballs and pasta are cooked through. About 8 minutes. Whisk the eggs and cheese in a bowl to blend. Stir the soup in a circular motion. Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin stands of egg, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parmesan..
Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin stands of egg. This Italian Wedding Soup can be made on the Stove Top, Crock Pot, or the Instant Pot! Make it with homemade meatballs, or use frozen meatballs for an quick and easy dinner idea! In every season, soup can be just right. In the colder months, it's heartier type soups whereas in the warmer months it's the light, brothy type of soups.