Sartu Di Riso.
Ingredients of Sartu Di Riso
- It’s of Rice.
- It’s 2 1/3 cup of Arbori rice.
- You need 4 cup of Chicken broth.
- You need 2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 each of Bay leaves.
- You need 3 cup of Parmigiano – grated.
- You need 3 each of Eggs.
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need 1 of Olive oil – several circles in pot.
- It’s 3 each of Italian sausage – links.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic – chopped.
- You need 1 each of Shallot – sliced.
- You need 1 bunch of Basil.
- You need 3 of Parmesan rinds.
- You need 28 oz of Can of whole tomatoes – crushed.
- Prepare 1 cup of Peas.
- It’s 1 tsp of Oregano.
- You need 8 oz of Mozzarella – fresh is best.
- You need of meat balls – optional.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of Good ground sirloin beef.
- It’s 2 each of Slices bread soaked in milk or water.
- You need 1 each of Egg.
- You need 1 cup of Parmigiano shredded.
Sartu Di Riso step by step
- In large pot bring rice and broth, salt and bay leaves to a boil on high heat. Cover pan and bring to simmer until liquid almost absorbed- 8 minutes. Pour rice in another bowl to cool completely. After cooled, add three eggs and 2 1/2 cups park cheese..
- Begin filling with olive oil and brown Italian sausage. Add garlic, shallots, salt, crushed tomatoes, peas, and basil. Add parmesan rinds. Cook low for 20 minutes. Remove parmesan rinds. Cool completely and add cubed mozzarella cheese..
- In a bundt pan, grease well and dust with bread crumbs. This is important to keep from sticking. Form rice mixture with wet hands around the bottom, up the sides. Only use 3/4 of rice. This leaves plenty of room for filling. Scoop in filling all the way around. With the remaining rice, form the top and seal the whole thing..
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or when rice starts to brown. Let this cool completely before you flip it. This is important. Then hold your breath as you flip it on a nice serving plate..