Vickys Sausage Meat Meatball Pasta Bake, GF DF EF SF NF.
Ingredients of Vickys Sausage Meat Meatball Pasta Bake, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 300 g of dried GF EF pasta such as rigatoni or penne.
- Prepare 700 g of GF pork sausage meat.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato puree / paste.
- Prepare 400 g of tinned chopped tomatoes.
- You need 240 ml of reserved pasta water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Italian seasoning or as desired.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 150 g of 'Mozzarisella' brand vegan mozzarella cheese, grated.
- Prepare 40 g of 'Violife' brand parmesan-style cheese, grated.
Vickys Sausage Meat Meatball Pasta Bake, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400F and ready an ovenproof dish.
- Form the sausagemeat into balls around an inch in diameter.
- Heat half of the oil in a frying pan over a medium/high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 6 – 8 minutes, turning as required until browned all over. Remove and set aside.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and begin to cook as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining oil to the frying pan, reduce the heat to medium, then fry off the onion for 3 – 4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes and puree to the onion mixture and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the Italian seasoning and 240ml of pasta water, bring to a simmer and cook 6 – 8 minutes until the sauce has reduced slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and toss in the sauce.
- Pour the pasta and sauce into an ovenproof baking dish with the meatballs, stirring gently to coat. Add the mozzarella over the top and scatter over the parmesan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with some garlic bread – see my previously posted free-from recipe.