Meatball Pasta Bake.
Ingredients of Meatball Pasta Bake
- It’s 150 g of pasta dried pieces / 5 oz ..
- You need 250 g of Low fat (<5%) meatballs (about 16, halve and re-roll if larger meatballs used) / 10 oz ..
- You need 175 g of pickling onions (about 8 – sliced) / 6 oz ..
- It’s 150 g of celery (cut 3 times lengthways then across the grain into cubes) / 5 oz ..
- Prepare 150 g of mushrooms (cubed) / 6 oz ..
- You need 200 g of tomatoes chopped / 7 oz . (½ x 1 can).
- You need 2 of babybel light (chopped into about six pieces each).
- You need 175 ml of water boiling / 6 fl . oz ..
- Prepare 1 of beef stock cube.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic salt ground and.
- You need 1 teaspoon of mixed Italian herbs *.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of cornstarch cornflour /.
- It’s of “ Spray2Cook ” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
Meatball Pasta Bake step by step
- Spray a deep lidded fry pan with Spray2Cook and put on a high heat..
- When the Spray2Cook is bubbling turn the heat down a little and add the meatballs..
- Stir-fry until brown on all sides and then ad the onion and celery. Continue to stir-fry for 4 minutes before adding the mushroom..
- After a further 2 minutes of stir-frying add the tomatoes and water and bring to the boil. Add the stock cube, garlic salt, herbs and pepper. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Pre-heat an oven (180oC / 350oF / Gas Mark 4)..
- Put the pasta into boiling water and cook for 10 minutes, drain and return to the pan to set aside..
- Blend the cornstarch with a little water (adding slowly) and then add the blended cornstarch to the meatball mix pan at the end of its cooking time..
- Stir in and briefly bring to the boil. Pour half the contents, but not the meatballs, into and ovenproof dish then pour over the pasta..
- Make sure the pasta is coated..
- Pour over the rest of the sauce and arrange the meatballs and cheese evenly across the dish..
- Put the dish in the oven for 15 minutes..