Fried Onion Chicken Parmesan.
Ingredients of Fried Onion Chicken Parmesan
- It’s of The Chicken.
- You need 3 of boneless skinless chicken breast (filet each in to 2 pieces for a total of 6).
- It’s 2 cup of Italian dressing.
- You need 16 oz of container French Fried Onion pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of side dish.
- Prepare 1 packages of cavatalli pasta (or whatever you have on hand).
- It’s 2 quart of marinara sauce (homemade or store bought will work).
- You need of chicken topping.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of marinara sauce (take some from what is portioned for the pasta).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used mild cheddar).
Fried Onion Chicken Parmesan step by step
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- marinade chicken breast in italian dressing about 10 minutes.
- empty container of fried onions in to a shallow dish and crunch up the big pieces with you fingers.
- add parmesan cheese to the onion pieces and mix together with a fork..
- fill large pot with water to boil for noodles.
- line baking sheet with parchment paper (can be used without the paper, it just helps with the cleanup).
- remove chicken from the marinade and roll in to the onion mixture.
- place on baking sheet – if needed press the onion mixture on to the chicken once on the sheet..
- place in preheated oven.
- warm marinara sauce in a sauce pan and once your water is boiling, add your noodles to the water.
- cook chicken in oven for about 25 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken). Once the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, spoon about 1/4 cup of the marinara sauce on each breast and then about 1/4 cup of the cheese. place pan back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted..
- plate the chicken with noodles and sauce. can be served with salad and garlic bread.