Chicken Parmigiana (Parmesan).
Ingredients of Chicken Parmigiana (Parmesan)
- It’s 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan or Romano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of Mozzarella cheese – sliced.
- Prepare 2 cup of marinara sauce.
Chicken Parmigiana (Parmesan) instructions
- One at a time; place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound until the they are 1/4 inch thick. Flip the breasts occasionally as you pound. I use a meat tenderizer to pound..
- Combine bread crumbs, garlic powder and Romano cheese and set aside on a plate..
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour..
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl and dip floured chicken breasts..
- One at a time place chicken breasts on plate with bread crumb mixture and coat breasts completely in mixture..
- Set breasts aside and allow to dry for 20-30 minutes..
- Heat oil and butter over medium high heat..
- When oil is hot add chicken breasts. (You will probably have to do this in two batches.) Fry breasts until golden brown; about 5 minutes per side..
- Place cooked breasts on paper towels to soak up some of the oil..
- Transfer breasts to a cookie sheet at top with marinara sauce and slices on Mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan if you have any left over..
- Broil in oven until cheese is melted and starts to brown. (About 5 minutes but check often!).
- Optional – serve with spaghetti and marinara..