Quinoa Chicken Parmesan. Quinoa Chicken Parmesan – With an amazingly crisp quinoa crust, you'll never guess that this is actually so healthy! Looking for a lightened-up dinner that will feed the whole family? Without a doubt my favorite chicken Parmesan recipe ever!
Ingredients of Quinoa Chicken Parmesan
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked quinoa.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half.
- Prepare 1 of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of quinoa flour (or wheat flour).
- Prepare 2 large of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of (or more to taste) marinara sauce, homemade or storebought.
- It’s 1/4 cup of basil leaves, chiffonade.
This is a lighter take on the classic chicken parmesan. If you are having issues with gluten, this would make the perfect. Whole-grain quinoa flavored with garlic and Parmesan cheese is a very basic recipe, but you can vary it by adding some fried tofu or veggies. Last night, I tried a Quinoa Parmesan Chicken recipe that the entire family gobbled up.
Quinoa Chicken Parmesan step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray..
- In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Stir in Italian seasoning. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350354-how-to-cook-quinoa.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste..
- Working in batches, dredge chicken in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in quinoa mixture, pressing to coat..
- Place chicken onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Top with cheeses and marinara. Place into oven and bake until cheeses have melted, about 5 more minutes..
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil, if desired..
Yes, my husband was hesitant at first because he still doesn't understand why quinoa has to be pronounced. It was chicken Parmesan and I still remember that meal. Best kind of comfort food right after having So after mixing the quinoa with the spaghetti sauce and water, it all gets put into the bottom of your. Includes quinoa, basil, oregano, boneless skinless chicken breasts, kosher salt, ground black pepper, all-purpose flour, large eggs. Add parmesan and remove from heat.