Chicken parmigiana. Find answers to all your questions below. What kind of bread crumbs should I use? First, you'll need to coat the chicken in flour.
Ingredients of Chicken parmigiana
- You need 4 of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- It’s 1 cup of bread crumbs or panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of your favorite spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 6 oz of mozzarella cheese thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of chopped fresh parsley.
Is Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Parmigiana the same? Although spelled differently, chicken parmigiana is also known as chicken parmesan. Authentic Italian Chicken Parmigiana recipe requires only a few simple ingredients to make it stand How to make chicken parmigiana. In this authentic Italian recipe, a fried breaded chicken breast is.
Chicken parmigiana step by step
- Trim any fat from chicken and gently pound with a mallet to 1/4 inch thick or buy thin sliced chicken breast..
- Combine in a shallow dish breadcrumbs, thyme, salt and ground black pepper..
- Whisk together in a shallow bowl egg and water..
- Spread flour on a plate, coat chicken with flour and shake off excess, dip in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs..
- Heat oil in 10-12 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken cook 2-3 minutes on each side. Preheat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit and lightly oil a 13×9 inch baking dish..
- Spoon 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of baking dish, arrange chicken over sauce and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, spread 1 cup of spaghetti sauce over and top with mozzarella cheese and rest of parmesan cheese..
- Cover pan with foil and bake till heated through 20-30 minutes, if you wish to brown the top run it under the broiler. Sprinkle with parsley..
Easy and delicious Chicken Parmigiana recipe. If Chicken Parmigiana is your favorite Italian dish, you may be surprised to learn that it is not Italian at all. Remove chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm. From easy Chicken Parmigiana recipes to masterful Chicken Parmigiana preparation techniques, find Chicken Parmigiana ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection. Chicken Parmesan is made of components I love, like juicy chicken, savory Parmesan cheese, tangy tomato sauce, and It's with that in mind that I set out to make the best Chicken Parmigiana ever!