Baked Chicken Parmigiana.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken Parmigiana
- You need of Chicken.
- It’s 2 of large chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornflour.
- You need 1 cup of panko.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and black pepper.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 400 g of chopped tomatoes (1 can).
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and black pepper.
- It’s of To serve.
- It’s 100 g of grated mozzarella cheese.
- You need 300 g of rotini pasta.
Baked Chicken Parmigiana instructions
- Prep the chicken by covering with cling film and firmly pounding until about 10mm thick. Season both sides with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Whisk up the eggs in a bowl, and lay out the cornflour and panko in 2 separate dishes as shown here.
- Now, take each chicken breast and coat with cornflour, then dip in the eggs, then the panko. The flour and eggs act as the glue for the panko, so get them well covered!.
- In a pan on high heat, quickly fry the garlic then add the chopped tomatoes, bay leaf, white wine and let them bubble away for 10 mins on a reduced heat. Add salt and pepper to taste… yes, always be tasting.
- While the sauce is cooking, in another hot oiled pan, carefully place your chicken breasts. After 3 mins or so turn them over, and cook for another 3 mins.
- Next, get the oven preheating to 190C, then place the chicken breasts in an oven dish. Cover the chicken with the tomato sauce from the other pan, then generously sprinkle with cheese before putting in the preheated oven for 15-20 mins.
- While the parmigiana is baking cook up some of your favourite pasta in a pot of boiling water for 7 mins – I used rotini this time since I had some to hand – and serve once the chicken is nice and golden brown.