Homemade Ciabatta Bread.
Ingredients of Homemade Ciabatta Bread
- You need of yeast starter dough , needs to set 8-10 hours or overnight.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of active dry yeast.
- You need 3/4 cup of room temperature water.
- Prepare 1 cup of bread or all purpose flour.
- It’s of ciabatta dough.
- You need 1/2 tsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of room temp. water.
- Prepare 1 of yeast starter dough from above recipe.
- You need 2 cup of bread or all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
Homemade Ciabatta Bread instructions
- Phase 1 : Stater dough : combine the ingredients .in a medium bowl. Stirring well. Cover with saran wrap. Let it sit at room temp. 8-10 hours or overnight..
- Phase 2 : Ciabatta dough :In a large bowl Combine yeast and water. Stir in starter dough and gently mix.Add the flour , salt and mix.until combines. Use a mixer. Mix the dough on low 3 minutes. Then let in sit 10 minutes.Repeat mixing 3 minutes and letting it sit 10 minutes..
- Remove dough with a silacone spatula and drop dough into a large oiled bowl. Let it sit for 45 minutes. Using the same spatula drop dough onto a floured surface. Sprinkle top of dough with flour..
- Take one end of the dough and fold it up into the middle. Take the other end and fold that one into the middle. Sprinkle with more flour on top. Let it sit for 15minutes. Repeat these steps again.
- Take the dough and create sn 8" square. Using a sharp knife. Cut the square in half. Cover each loaf with a dish towel. Let sit for 30 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 475º. While it sits.Gently lift the loaves onto a greased baking sheet. Trying to touch them at lttle as possible..
- Bake 17-25 minutes. Keep an eye on them. May not take that long.let them cool. Slice and serve. ( make sure to prepare the starter early in the morning or the night before)..