Butternut squash casserole with PLT. With a few tweaks this was great! This butternut squash casserole is made with cooked and mashed squash, maple syrup, butter, and pecans. If you have a butternut squash left over from your market haul and are not sure what do with it, look no further!
Ingredients of Butternut squash casserole with PLT
- It’s 3 lb of butternut squash, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of leeks, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sage.
- Prepare of liquid.
- Prepare 6 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of half and half or cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 4 cup of cubed ciabatta bread,1/2 in. dice.
- Prepare 4 oz of proscuitto, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Butternut squash isn't something my family usually has on Thanksgiving, but this casserole is a more savory spin on the traditional sweet potato casserole that's a holiday staple in so many households—it's different, but not in a "hey guys. This delicious butternut squash casserole made with maple syrup, butter and pecans is the perfect side dish for a Thanksgiving meal. Butternut Squash Rice Casserole is a warm and cozy Fall meal that's very easy to make and it's packed full of flavor and texture. It's a great dish to serve There's nothing better than a warm and rich casserole for dinner ESPECIALLY when said casserole is prepared with arborio rice plus butternut.
Butternut squash casserole with PLT step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss squash with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 25 min., cool..
- Cut roots off leeks, split in half lengthwise, remove tough outer leaves and slice thinly. Rinse well and drain well..
- Melt butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet on med. Heat. Add in leeks and saute til tender, over med to med low heat. Add sage when taking it off heat..
- Cube bread and slice proscuitto..
- Mix all liquid ingredients together, add bread cubes and prosciutto, season lightly with salt and pepper. Let bread soak 10 min. In liquid..
- In 2 qt casserole, place squash, leeks and liquid mix. Blend all together very well. Bake at 400°F for 1 hour. Rest casserole on counter 15 min. Before eating..
Similar to this Potato Leek Casserole this winter squash gratin dish is rich and decadent and will complement any meal. This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my disclosure policy HERE. The inspiration for this Acorn and Butternut Squash Gratin Recipe. A few years ago I came across a.