Ciabatta. Typical ciabatta is made with a large percentage of high gluten flour, but I like to keep this as low as The following formula results in four large ciabatta. I baked these in two batches of two in my home. This ciabatta, meaning "slipper," which the loaves resemble, is a classic Italian bread.
Ingredients of Ciabatta
- You need 500 gr of white bread flour.
- You need 500 ml of water.
- It’s 1 of sachet instant yeast.
- It’s 10 ml of salt.
This soft, chewy ciabatta with huge pockets in the crumb is an absolute dream! Ciabatta is a funny kind of bread. Far from the golden domed boules or slender baguettes, this No two loaves or rolls of ciabatta ever turn out quite the same. This is something I love about this bread.
- Mix thoroughly all ingredients (because it is a very runny dough) until the dough forms a ball-like rubbery consistency (I used a Kenwood food mixer at high speed for about 10 mins)..
- Let it rise in a warm area for about 30 min’s.
- Throw out on a pan and let it rise again for a few minutes (10 min).
- Bake at 220 C..
Ciabatta means 'slipper' in Italian and describes the appearance of this oval, flattish yeast bread with an open texture and a crisp, floury crust. Ciabatta is often used as the base for bruschetta. Authentic Italian ciabatta bread recipe or Slipper Bread originally from the Veneto made with an overnight starter & cooked on a pizza stone. The Best Ciabatta Sandwich Recipes on Yummly Blue Cheese And Turkey On Ciabatta Sandwich, Caribbean Pork Sandwich, Italian Ciabatta Sandwich.