Ciabatta: the Italian Dinner Roll.
Ingredients of Ciabatta: the Italian Dinner Roll
- It’s 100 grams of ☆Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 100 grams of ☆All-purpose flour.
- You need 4 grams of ☆Salt.
- Prepare 2 grams of ☆Dry yeast.
- It’s 130 ml of ☆Water.
- You need 15 ml of Olive oil.
Ciabatta: the Italian Dinner Roll instructions
- Combine the ☆ ingredients in a bowl. When they are all combined, drizzle in the olive oil and mix some more..
- Mix with a rubber spatula until the flour has been well incorporated, then form into a single roll of dough and knead..
- Let the dough rise until it doubles in size. It might turn out better if you let it rise over a long time in a low-temperature environment. You can use a bread machine up until this point..
- Punch out the dough after it has risen, then let it rest for 20 minutes..
- Fold the dough into thirds and form it into a round shape. Use a dough scraper to cut it into four pieces and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper..
- Place a tightly wrung out cloth over the dough to keep it from drying, and let them rise for about 60 minutes at room temperature..
- Use a tea strainer to dust the dough with some bread flour (not listed) and bake in an oven that has been preheated to 200℃ for 5 minutes, then lower the temperature to 180℃ and bake for 10 more minutes..
- I made paninis with them..
- Use this recipe if you want a more authentic version! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145191-italian-dinner-roll-ciabatta-made-using-a-bread-starter.