Panzanella. Panzanella [pantsaˈnɛlla] or panmolle [pamˈmɔlle] is a Tuscan chopped salad of soaked stale bread, onions and tomatoes that is popular in the summer. It often includes cucumbers, sometimes basil and is dressed with olive oil and vinegar. It is also popular in other parts of central Italy.
Ingredients of Panzanella
- It’s of The best tomatoes you can buy.
- It’s of Cucumber.
- Prepare of Basil.
- It’s of Stale ciabatta bread.
- It’s of for the dressing.
- You need of Olive oil 3 parts.
- Prepare of Red wine vinegar 1 part.
- You need of Dijon mustard (opt).
- Prepare of Chilli flakes (opt).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
How do you stop it being bland or soggy – or do you have a better recipe for bread past its best? Classic Panzanella Salad (Tuscan-Style Tomato-and-Bread Salad) Recipe. The Food Lab: How to Make Classic Panzanella Better Than Ever. All products linked here have been independently.
Panzanella step by step
- Slice the bread to about 1 cm thickness, arrange on a tray with olive oil salt and pepper and bake at 200c for about 10 minutes or until nicely golden brown. While the croutons are baking slice up your tomatoes and season with salt and pepper..
- Peel, deseed and slice the cucumber, mix olive oil, vinegar, mustard, chilli flakes and seasoning in a jar and give a vigorous shake. Pick some basil leaves layer them and roll into a cigar and slice with a sharp knife..
- Combine cucumber and basil with the tomatoes which have been seasoned for around 5 minutes to start releasing excess water. Add as much dressing as you like.
- Remove croutons from oven and transfer onto a kitchen paper towel to absorb excess oil, while still warm combine with the salad and give a good toss..
- You can leave the salad to sit for a minute or 2 for the bread to absorb the salad juices and dressing, this works well on a large platter for the family to share, either way there is me looking pleased and a final picture. These screen shots are taken from my youtube channel..
I made Panzanella this week for a segment on a future Food Network episode, and I was In a nutshell, Panzanella is tomato-bread salad. I imagine it was originally created as a way to use up old. Panzanella is an Italian bread salad. Traditional panzanella features cubes of stale bread, plenty of Panzanella Salad Recipe Variations. This salad is flexible, so make it to your liking!