Chicken Piccata. Chicken breast cutlets, dredged in flour, browned, served with sauce of butter, lemon juice, capers, and stock or wine. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Remove from heat and stir lemon juice into sauce; season with salt.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccata
- You need 1 lb of thin sliced chicken breast.
- It’s 2 of lemons.
- Prepare 1 of flour for dredging.
- You need 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 clove of peeled garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of capers.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 box of angel hair pasta.
Chicken piccata is an Italian-American staple beloved for its piquant flavors cradled in a silky, butter-rich pan sauce. It also doesn't hurt that it cooks up very quickly. Chicken sauteed in white wine, lemon and butter gets a boost from mushrooms in this rendition of a classic. Chicken Piccata is traditionally made with white wine pan sauce, but I didn't have any wine on hand (I know, I was shocked too), so I subbed it with chicken broth.
Chicken Piccata instructions
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- In skillet over medium heat, heat 3 tbsp. of oil and 2 tbsp. of butter. Add chicken, cook 4 min, flip and cook 4 min..
- Remove chicken, pour in 3 tbsp. oil and remaining 4 tbsp. butter. Add garlic and juice of 1 1/2 lemon and cook 3 min. Add lemon slices of 1/2 lemon and remove after 2 min..
- Add capers and cook 4 min. Pour in wine and boil. Pour in chicken stock and cook 4 min. Add chicken to mix and cook 10 min. Serve over pasta..
The sauce was still so good that I wanted. Begin by prepping the chicken breasts. First slice each chicken Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary. Remove the chicken piccata from the. Chicken piccata with lemon sauce is exquisite and easy to prepare.