Chicken Piccata. Chicken breast cutlets, dredged in flour, browned, served with sauce of butter, lemon juice, capers, and stock or wine. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Remove from heat and stir lemon juice into sauce; season with salt.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccata
- Prepare 3 of Chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Shallots, leeks or scallions.
- It’s 1 of Lemon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Capers drained.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of Serve with rice, orzo, or couscous.
Chicken piccata is an Italian-American staple beloved for its piquant flavors cradled in a silky, butter-rich pan sauce. It also doesn't hurt that it cooks up very quickly. Chicken sauteed in white wine, lemon and butter gets a boost from mushrooms in this rendition of a classic. Chicken Piccata is traditionally made with white wine pan sauce, but I didn't have any wine on hand (I know, I was shocked too), so I subbed it with chicken broth.
Chicken Piccata step by step
- Put rice on stove.
- Salt, lemon pepper and garlic powder the chicken on both sides.
- Coat chicken in flour evenly.
- Heat olive oil in pan and cook chicken. When chicken is cooked through set aside or keep in a 200°F oven to keep warm..
- In chicken pan sauté lemon slices and shallots for 2-3 minutes. Add lemon juice and chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Add capers and simmer until reduction 2-3 minutes..
- Take off heat and add butter. Serve over rice, couscous or orzo and top with cilantro or parsley..
The sauce was still so good that I wanted. Begin by prepping the chicken breasts. First slice each chicken Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary. Remove the chicken piccata from the. Chicken piccata with lemon sauce is exquisite and easy to prepare.