Chicken Piccata. Chicken breast cutlets, dredged in flour, browned, served with sauce of butter, lemon juice, capers, and stock or wine. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Remove from heat and stir lemon juice into sauce; season with salt.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccata
- Prepare 4 to 6 of chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper freshly ground.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of paprika , or to taste.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chicken broth water or.
- You need 3 tablespoons of lemon juice fresh.
- Prepare 6 to 8 of lemon thin slices of.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of capers.
Chicken piccata is an Italian-American staple beloved for its piquant flavors cradled in a silky, butter-rich pan sauce. It also doesn't hurt that it cooks up very quickly. Chicken sauteed in white wine, lemon and butter gets a boost from mushrooms in this rendition of a classic. Chicken Piccata is traditionally made with white wine pan sauce, but I didn't have any wine on hand (I know, I was shocked too), so I subbed it with chicken broth.
Chicken Piccata instructions
- Put chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap; pound to flatten to about 1/4-inch. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika; dredge chicken breasts to coat well..
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté chicken breasts in batches of two, about 3 minutes on each side..
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat. Stir in chicken broth, scraping to loosen browned bits. Add lemon juice and heat through. Return chicken to the skillet with the lemon slices; heat until sauce thickens. Add capers. Heat through..
The sauce was still so good that I wanted. Begin by prepping the chicken breasts. First slice each chicken Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary. Remove the chicken piccata from the. Chicken piccata with lemon sauce is exquisite and easy to prepare.