Lauren's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce. Lynn demonstrates how to make a super easy, simple and delicious Spaghetti with Fresh Tomato Sauce. Loaded with onions, garlic, tomatoes, fresh herbs and a splash of wine! Easy recipe that's full of fresh and roasted flavors!" Watch me make this easy homemade spaghetti sauce from start to finish!
Ingredients of Lauren's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pound of if Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large green bell pepper (optional).
- Prepare 8 oz of container of mushrooms.
- You need 2 of or more cloves of garlic: minced.
- You need 3 (15 oz) of can of diced tomatoes or fire roasted tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (6 oz) of can tomato paste.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of worsteshier sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red wine vinegar.
I say "homemade" because any other way to serve spaghetti sauce would be a sacrilege. As a matter of fact—and sorry if we are ruining any businesses, it's so easy to do, that you'll regret ever having bought a can. This HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE is quite simple to make! Toss your ingredients in a pot to simmer for a couple of hours and you'll have the most flavorful spaghetti meat sauce ever!
Lauren's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce step by step
- Brown the meats on medium heat. Add salt, garlic, onion and mushrooms.
- Drain the grease if any..
- Add tomatoes, paste and herbs.
- Add beef broth, bay leaf, worsteshier sauce and vinegar..
- Let simmer on low while the noodles cook..
My mama used to tease me for making my life more difficult than it needs to be. This homemade spaghetti sauce recipe is made with ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry and will become a dinner staple! Everyone will love this easy homemade spaghetti sauce recipe! General Tips When Making Spaghetti Sauce. When making homemade spaghetti sauce, there's a few tricks you can use to heighten your sauce's quality: Use tomato paste when trying to thicken a tomato sauce — it allows you to retain all the flavors of the tomatoes while making the sauce less.