Momma's chunky spaghetti sauce. Give your traditional spaghetti sauce a makeover with this Chunky Italian Sausage Spaghetti Sauce! I'm not saying that I absolutely did not, I just don't remember. The frozen seasoning blend is found near the bags of chopped onion in the frozen vegetable section.
Ingredients of Momma's chunky spaghetti sauce
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of ground hot italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 packages of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 large of white onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- You need 2 can of diced tomatos.
- It’s 1 can of sliced olives.
- You need 6 cup of favorite marinara sauce.
- It’s 1 of italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
Ingredients for Spaghetti In Chunky Tomato Sauce Recipe. Pass sauce through a food mill or process briefly in a food processor if you prefer a smoother texture. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Top with tomato sauce and grated Parmesan cheese.
Momma's chunky spaghetti sauce instructions
- Saute onion, mushrooms, and garlic in butter.
- Brown and crumble meats.
- Add meats to vegetables.
- Add diced tomato, and sliced olives.
- Pour in marinara sauce and add seasonings.
- Simmer 45 minutes to an hour or until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Serve over noodles.
This versatile tomato sauce may also be spread on pizza, or served with hearty sandwiches such as meatball subs and calzones. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Meanwhile, prepare spaghetti as directed on package. I usually serve this over spaghetti, but sometimes I use linguine, fettucine, or penne. Good with garlicky bread and a salad.