Cheese lasagna with vegan meatballs. I introduce to you Lasagna Napoletana, a lasagna that comes stuffed with an insanely meaty and savory red sauce, small and tender meatballs with crisp edges, slices of sausage, and not one, not two, not even three, but four types of cheese. Are you ready to have your gut busted and your mind blown? I hope you all enjoyed the vegan ricotta cheese recipe!!
Ingredients of Cheese lasagna with vegan meatballs
- You need 1 pack of lasagna pasta sheet (~12 sheets).
- It’s 2 cups of mozzarella shredded.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan grated.
- You need 2 cups of shredded Italian cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar (optional).
- Prepare 6 of nos. Gardein vegan meatballs.
- You need 1.5 cans of tomato pasta sauce.
- It’s of Oregano as needed (dried).
Homemade cheese substitutes in vegan lasagna are an imperative for me. Seeing a picture of lasagna covered in individual strands of Daiya makes me kind of sad. This vegan lasagna with nooch (nutritional yeast) cheese tastes just like the real thing. This vegan lasagna tastes super "meaty" because of the TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) aka soy granules.
Cheese lasagna with vegan meatballs step by step
- Bake the (Gardein) vegan meatballs thoroughly in an air fryer or using an oven. Let it cool a few minutes before mashing them into medium size crumbles. Keep it. Then in a mixing bowl add all the cheese together..
- Cook the pasta sheets Al dente. In a cookie sheet; arrange the layers as indicated below:.
- L0: pour in 2 cups pasta sauce and spread it evenly in the sheet L1: arrange a layer of pasta sheets that cover the sauce L2: add all the vegan meatball crumbles and arrange them L3: add pasta to cover the L2 L4: add about 1/2 cup of pasta sauce and add about 1/2 cup of cheese mix over it L5: add pasta and keep looping this process until you run out of sheets and cheese mix; L6: season on top with dried oregano if interested.
- Spray the inside of an aluminum foil with PAM and cover the cookie sheet arrangement. Preheat the oven for 350°F. Cook it for 40 minutes covered. Then remove the foil and cook again for ~20 minutes until the top crust turns brown and crispy..
- Let rest for ~15minutes asked your Lasagna is ready to be ravished. TIP: Make sure that your pasta sheets are of good quality and that they are only cooked 3/4th; not full as they tend to also cook in oven. You may substitute for oregano with dried Italian herbs. Finally, you may either substitute vegan meatballs with real meatball crumbles or ground beef or can keep it playing simple by sticking only to cheese..
I use it quite a lot in my cooking because it's cheap, it stores forever and I really like the texture of it. This vegan lasagna is very traditional — there's no spinach here or sweet potatoes or any adaptations that take it away from the classic. It is also a rather Many stores now sell vegan cheeses. This vegan lasagna is simple to make, is a total crowd pleaser and it can be frozen or meal prepped. Doesn't get much better than that!