Sonia's Ragu Sauce. RAGÚ sauce quickly became a centerpiece on family dinner tables across the United States. An Italian tradition turned American classic, this sauce was simmering from coast-to-coast as a staple in some. A thick, rich meat sauce made in the slow cooker.
Ingredients of Sonia's Ragu Sauce
- It’s 1 lb of Ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of Bacon chopped pkg was 12oz just used half.
- It’s 1 clove of fresh garlic chopped.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 stick of celery chopped.
- Prepare 1 of carrot chopped.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes 20oz.
- You need 2 of tomato sauce 8oz.
- It’s 1 dash of salt.
- You need 1 dash of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 of cilantro.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- You need 2 tsp of tomato boulion.
- It’s 2 of Bay leafs.
- You need 1 of pasta any kind cook al dente.
- Prepare 1 of serve with veggies or green salad.
Ragu sauce in a saucepan – download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds. Photo "Ragu Sauce in a Saucepan" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. The image is available for download in high. Buy the ingredients for our Homemade gnocchi with ragu sauce recipe from Tesco today.
Sonia's Ragu Sauce instructions
- I fry bacon in pan in low heat when golden brown set aside.
- use the grease from bacon to fry ground beef until golden brown.
- drain excess grease sauté carrots celery onion and garlic.
- add diced tomato and sauce too.
- add spices and let cook in a low heat for 2 hrs.
- I use pasta rigatoni you can use any kind you like.
- as side dish you can use veggies or green salad.
- I add crused red peppers and cheese on top of sauce delicious;-).
Scoop out with a slotted spoon, then stir through the ragu. Just before serving, remove rosemary sprig, if used. Serve over hot polenta mush or toasted or sauteed polenta slices. Ragu Sauces Recalled for Possible Contamination. Check your cabinets: Some Ragu pasta sauces recalled, may contain fragments of plastic.