Ingredients of Lasagna Bolognese
- Prepare 500 g of lasagna squares.
- You need 1/2 kg of ground beef.
- It’s 2 cups of mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 cups of onions, peeled and chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of tomato sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of parmesan cheese, shredded.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare of For the Bechamel sauce.
- It’s 300 g of butter.
- You need 300 g of flour.
- You need 2 liters of milk.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare of salt to taste.
- It’s of black pepper to taste.
Lasagna Bolognese step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the meat and onions and cook over medium heat. Stir for about 10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Season with salt and black pepper..
- Add in the mushrooms, thyme, vinegar, tomato paste, tomato sauce and chicken broth. When the meat mixture starts boiling, reduce the heat and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir regularly..
- To prepare the béchamel sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add in the flour and stir over medium heat until the mixture becomes crumbly. Slowly mix in the milk and continue stirring until it is completely absorbed.Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and mix well. Remove from heat..
- Preheat oven to 350 F..
- Spread 1 cup of béchamel evenly over the bottom of a baking pan..
- Arrange one layer of the lasagna squares over the béchamel. Then spread a layer of the meat mixture over the lasagna and cover with a generous layer of béchamel. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Repeat two more times with lasagna squares, meat mixture and béchamel. The final layer should be covered with béchamel. Sprinkle the final layer with nutmeg and cheese..
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the top of the lasagna becomes golden. Allow to cool 10 minutes..
- Serve warm..