Out of control spaghetti sauce. Find out all about quick and easy dishes with help from a finalist on The Next Food Network Star in this free video series. Spaghetti sauce is in a very similar boat. This quintessential American sauce has little to do with its original Italian marinara roots.
Ingredients of Out of control spaghetti sauce
- You need 2 of 28oz cans tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of 28oz can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 7 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 can of medium olives diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced green onion.
- You need 2 of bell peppers, seeded and diced.
- It’s 10 medium of mushrooms sliced.
- It’s 1 of red onion diced.
- You need 5 of bratwurst.
- Prepare 5 of hot links sliced.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese grated.
- It’s 1 lb of shelled, deveined large shrimp split in two.
Fill hot jars with your hot spaghetti sauce. Take out the bay leaves at this point. Also good on spaghetti or other pasta where a chunky sauce is not desirable. Also an excellent start for pasta fagiole.
Out of control spaghetti sauce instructions
- throw first 9 ingredients in large pot, bring to boil. meanwhile heat oil in pan, throw in bell pepper, onion, mushrooms and green onion, season to taste with salt and pepper (I like to use garlic salt) cook till slightly soft, about 10 minutes, throw in sauce pot, cover and simmer..
- cook beer bratwurst according to package, allow to cool then slice, throw in sauce pot.
- throw sliced hot links in pan and cook over medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes, drain, throw in pot (or if you're naughty like me, throw the juice in too).
- cook ground beef till no longer pink, drain, season with salt and pepper to taste, throw in sauce pot, throw parmesan cheese in, cover and let simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally..
- throw your shrimp in, cover and cook 10 minutes, turn heat off let sit 5 to 10 minutes, spoon over noodle of choice, enjoy!.
Discard onion before serving over cooked pasta. This is so delicious you can eat it straight out of the pot with a spoon. tomato sauce instead of paste (didn't have any). i also had to omit the red wine and pepper flakes (again didn't have any on hand) and it turned out excellent. what a great recipe for basic spaghetti sauce. i looked at lots of other recipes for sauces and noticed that the higher rated ones always. Add spaghetti sauce and seasonings, stir well. Remember to stir occasionally to make sure it doesn't scorch. Spaghetti with meat sauce in the Instant Pot is nothing short of life-changing — and the very best thing to come out of my kitchen this year.