Lazy Pasta Sauce.
Ingredients of Lazy Pasta Sauce
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground veal.
- Prepare 2 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 2 can of tomato puree.
- It’s 1 can of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 cup of red wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of sugar; to taste.
Lazy Pasta Sauce instructions
- Combine all meats in a large sauce pot with no oil or butter. The ground meats make their own fat..
- Season meat liberally. Add salt and pepper..
- Brown meat and drain excess fat..
- Add tomato paste and caramelize to remove metallic flavor. 30 seconds..
- Deglaze with wine and vinegar. Scrape up the brown bits at the bottom of the pot..
- When the wine is nearly evaporated, add meat back to pot..
- Add remaining tomato products. Stir and reduce for 30-60 minutes..
- Add sugar little by little to taste. Adjust seasoning..
- Variations: Beef stock, fresh herbs, or cheese to name a few. Method of cooking can also be varied by adding small diced veggies before delazing, and by adding vinegar to taste..