Stuffed Peppers & Veggies. Stuffed peppers is a dish common in many cuisines. It consists of hollowed or halved peppers filled with any of a variety of fillings, often including meat, vegetables, cheese, rice, or sauce. I could see this recipe in a basic and general reference-type cookbook.
Ingredients of Stuffed Peppers & Veggies
- You need 1 of large green pepper.
- It’s 1 of large zucchini.
- It’s 1 of medium eggplant.
- It’s 1 of red onion.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow squash.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of large tomato.
- It’s 1 box of stuffing mix any flavor.
- Prepare 1 box of beef flavored rice.
- It’s 1 jar of spaghetti sauce.
- You need 4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 2 of small eggs.
It's been proudly served at dinner tables across America ever since it first appeared in the Betty Crocker™ cookbook. Stuffed peppers have long been one of America's favorite comfort foods. Stuffed peppers usually include the starch, vegetables, and protein, so what to serve with them? Serve colourful, flavour-packed stuffed peppers for a light Mediterranean-style supper.
Stuffed Peppers & Veggies step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut zuccini and eggplant in half. Use small spoon to scoop out the seeds and innards. Set aside. Cut top off green pepper, dice, and set aside also. Discard pepper seeds and innards. Dice yellow squash, red onion, and tomato. Chop garlic cloves..
- Cook beef rice on stovetop and Sautee diced tomato, red onion, yellow squash, eggplant and zuccini innards, diced top of pepper, and chopped garlic in oil and season to taste..
- Brown ground beef. Combine cooked beef and sauteed veggies in a large mixing bowl with cooked rice, uncooked stuffing mix, eggs, and 2 cups shredded mozzarella. Mix Well..
- Place eggplant and zuccini halves and green pepper onto baking sheet, pan, or dish. Scoop a few spoonfuls of sauce along the bottom of each. Stuff as much mixture as you can into your veggies..
- Top each with a few more spoonfuls of remaining sauce. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top. Bake for 60-90 minutes. Enjoy!.
Choose from a range of fillings, including meat and vegetarian options. Stuffed peppers are what dinner dreams are made of. They can be filled with any combination of starches, meat, beans, and sauces, making them the ultimate leftover vehicle. Delicious stuffed peppers are made without rice. These delicious stuffed peppers are made without rice.