Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti.
Ingredients of Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
- You need Half of a large onion (chopped).
- Prepare 2 Lbs of ground beef.
- You need of (2) 24oz jars of pasta sauce.
- Prepare 32 oz of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 of egg (beaten).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 2 Lbs of ziti pasta (uncooked).
- It’s 6 cups of colby monterey jack cheese.
- Prepare of Non stick cooking spray.
Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti step by step
- Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet; Drain fat..
- Return ground beef to skillet and mix both jars of pasta sauce with ground beef; Remove from heat..
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Turn the slower cooker to high.
- Spray slower cooker with non stick spray.
- Spoon the sauce into the bottom of the slower cooker; Enough to evenly coat the bottom.
- Spoon the ricotta cheese mixture on top of the sauce evenly coated.
- Pour uncooked ziti noodles on top of ricotta cheese evenly coated.
- Sprinkle colby cheese on top of pasta evenly coated.
- Repeat steps 6-9 until you reach the top of slow cooker; making sure the final layer is a generous amount of colby cheese.
- Put the top on slow cooker; cook for 4 hours or until pasta is tender. Avoid opening the slow cooker while cooking..