Stuffed Bell Peppers. Green bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of rice, textured vegetable protein, cheese and tomato sauce. Omit the cheese for a vegan variation. Serve with additional tomato sauce, if desired.
Ingredients of Stuffed Bell Peppers
- You need 3 of Large Bell Peppers.
- It’s 1 lb. of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 24 oz. of jar spaghetti sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of grated Cheese.
- It’s 1 of Tblsp. Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s 2 Cups of Steamed Rice.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Minced Onion.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Water.
These stuffed peppers are made with green, yellow or red bell peppers and a deliciously seasoned ground beef and rice filling. Garlic and some dried basil add flavor to the simple tomato sauce. Boil until done then drain and sit aside. Get a bowl and combine sliced stewed tomatoes.
Stuffed Bell Peppers step by step
- Mix meat in mixing bowl along with cheeses, rice, onion, seasonings, and 1/2 Cup sauce and set aside..
- Wash, then cut tops of peppers off and clean seeds and membranes from center of peppers..
- Stuff peppers evenly with meat mixture..
- Place peppers in crockpot and pour water into the bottom around peppers. Pour the remaing sauce over the top of peppers..
- Cook in crockpot for 3 hours on high, then 1 more hour on low..
- Let peppers cool a little before serving. otherwise, they fall apart getting them from the pot to the plate!.
- These can be baked in a covered dish in a 350°oven for 1 and 1/2 hours..
The bell pepper is an excellent vessel for stuffing meat, rice, and, of course, cheese. It's strong enough to hold its shape in the oven, and the flavor is subtle enough to go well with just about anything. Stuffed peppers are what dinner dreams are made of. They can be filled with any combination of Prepare the peppers. Use a small knife to cut a wide circle around each bell pepper stem (like when.