Ingredients of Candy's Spaghetti
- You need 1 pound of Spaghetti whole wheat.
- You need 1 bag of frozen carrots.
- Prepare 1 pound of Your favorite meat (I used lean ground beef).
- It’s 16 ounces of your favorite spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 2-3 handfuls of greens (I love adding Greens Trio).
- Prepare 1 of large sweet onion diced.
- It’s 6 of Roma tomatoes diced or a 15 ounce Dan of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves minced (less or more is fine).
- It’s of Seasonings to taste: salt, pepper, oregano,.
- It’s of Thyme, Cumin, onion Powder, Garlic powder.
Candy's Spaghetti step by step
- I put my meat on low, to cook. When meat is almost done add, onions, garlic, seasonings, and diced tomatoes and carrots or other veggies to the meat…your pasta sauce as much or as little as you like, also add two to three handfuls of your greens, allow to simmer on low. I reserve about 1/4-1/2 cup of sauce to add to my spaghetti to prevent sticking together…..
- While meat is cooking slow, put on your pasta water, cook according to directions. I like my pastas Al Denté, which means not quite done..
- When your meat mixture and pasta is done, some people mix it all together to serve..
- I placed my meat mixture down first then my spaghetti, normally I top with fresh Basil cut into thin slices, I also top with fresh grated Parmesan Reggiani cheese..
- I did not add these, I was not really in the mood for them. Next time I will post it 🙂👍🏽.