Stuffed Pasta Shells. Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan, smothered in a mushroom tomato sauce and baked. Delicious Stuffed Shells are the perfect easy, weeknight dinner. Jumbo pasta shells are stuffed with a smooth, creamy, cheesy filling flavored with fresh herbs and baked to absolute perfection.
Ingredients of Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Prepare 1 pk of Jumbo Pasta Shells.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 pk of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of Butter (for sautéing).
- It’s 1 packet of California Garlic & Pepper all purpose seasoning (99c at Krogers).
- Prepare 1 jar of Pasta Sauce (43 oz).
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need of onion (optional-i didn't add since I have picky eaters).
This is quicker and easier than making lasagna but it's still just as satisfying! Best Three Cheese Stuffed Shells Recipe. You really can't go wrong with a good lasagna. Rich red spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning and lots of cheese all layered between pasta noodles… Spoon the cheese mixture into each pasta shell and place open side up, in a single layer, in prepared pan.
Stuffed Pasta Shells instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook pasta shells according to directions, set aside when finished..
- In a separate pan toss in butter, garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper (& onion). Sauté until tender..
- Add ground beef and half of seasoning packet. Cook until brown. Drain grease..
- In your baking dish (9 x 13) layer bottom with small amount of pasta sauce just enough to cover bottom. Then line pasta shells on top..
- In a large bowl mix together meat mixture, half of the shredded cheese, & half of the pasta sauce (you're going to pour the rest on top of everything)..
- Here's the fun part!! Stuff those shells!.
- On top pour the rest of seasoning, pasta sauce, and cheese(I still had some meat mixture left over I just threw on top as well). Toss in oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted..
- Eat up!.
Pour the rest of sauce over the stuffed shells. Yes, you read that right: taco-stuffed pasta shells! You no longer have to choose between Italian or Mexican food for dinner—this dish has it all. Made with only seven ingredients in less than an hour. TIP These stuffed Pasta shells can be served individually as a tasty first course with a light tomato dressing.