Ingredients of Stuffed Shells
- Prepare 2 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 box of large shells.
- It’s 1 small of onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of tyme.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 6 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 pints of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 4 3/4 cup of favorite spaghetti sauce.
Stuffed Shells step by step
- Place your skillet on the stove and set it to medium heat. Add about 2 tablespoons of oil or olive oil which ever you choose. While this cooks get a large pot and fill 3/4 full of water add salt to season the pasta. When the water reaches boiling add the pasta following the directions on the package. Turn your oven on and preheat it to 350°F.
- Next place the onion in the pan and let it start to cook a bit stirring as needed. As it starts to caramelize add the garlic and cook only two to three minuets more. Remove from pan to let cool. In that same pan add the ground beef and cook till browned..
- Drain the ground beef and let cool slightly..
- In a large bowl add the meat and onions and each of the spices . Mix well. Add in the ricotta and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Once that is incorporated add 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce. If it seems a bit dry add a little more sauce..
- Take the pasta that should be done and drain it rinsing it with cold water to make sure they don't stick..
- I used two round pans but its best if you use a 9 x13 pan.
- Put a small amount of sauce of in the bottom of the pan just enough to coat. Take a a shell and fill it with the mixture. Place in the pan and repeat until all shells are filled. Once they are all in the pans pour the remaining sauce over them and cover that with the rest of the mozzarella cheese and bake for 30 to 45 min or until bubbly and the cheese is melted and brown in top..