Potato Skin Dippers with Sausage Cheese Dip with Chips and Meatballs.
Ingredients of Potato Skin Dippers with Sausage Cheese Dip with Chips and Meatballs
- It’s 3 of russet potatoes, baked or microwaved until tender.
- It’s of Canola oil for frying.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh grated romano cheese.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 15 ounces of queso cheese sauce, homemade or store bought.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks red hot.
- It’s 15-20 of small cooked meatballs, homemade or store bought.
- Prepare 4 ounces of italian sausage, mild or hot, uncooked.
- You need of Tortilla chips, as much as desired.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chopped chives.
Potato Skin Dippers with Sausage Cheese Dip with Chips and Meatballs step by step
- MAKE POTATO SKIN DIPPERS.
- Slice cooked potatoes in fourths, remove some of the Inside of the potato plup to have a slight scoop shape.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or deep pot to 350. Fry potato skin pieces until golden and crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove to a rack to drain and sprinkle with the granulated garlic, romano cheese and a little black pepper.
- These can be prepared ahead of time. Reheat in a 425 oven on a foil lined baking sheet until hot 5 to 10 minutes.
- PREPARE QUESO DIP.
- Cook crumbled sausage in a skillet or pan until browned and cooked through.
- Add to queso cheese sauce along with pepper, hot sauce and chives. Heat all in a 2 cup crock pot mini heater until hot.
- Serve with potato skins, warmed meatballs and tortilla chips for dipping.