Creamy tomato penne and meatballs. With just a few basic ingredients, this rich and creamy one-pot pasta dinner turns simple sausage meatballs into a beautiful meal with weeknight ease. No-boil, fail-proof, garlic-buttery, easy dreamy weeknight dinner. The base of this baby is a velvety, savory, garlic-heavy tomato and butter sauce, which is just the right amount of clingy for those hearty whole wheat penne noodles.
Ingredients of Creamy tomato penne and meatballs
- You need 1 box of penne pasta.
- Prepare 1 can of san marzano plum tomatoes with basil.
- It’s 1 cup of italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of crushed garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 of italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
Heat a medium saucepan and add some butter and oil. Toss in some onions, garlic, and celery and cook until the onion is tender but not browned. Stir in the diced tomatoes with their juice, dillweed, salt, and. The spaghetti and meatballs of your dreams is actually made with penne in one pot!
Creamy tomato penne and meatballs step by step
- Boil water then add penne pasta and cookies as directed on box.
- In a medium bowl combine ground beef, 1 Tbsp crushed garlic, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and egg. Mix well and form the size of meatballs you desire..
- Place in lightly greased baking pan. Cook for 25 minutes at °325.
- In pan sautee remaining garlic in olive oil. When lightly brown add tomatoes. Bring to a simmer..
- Add heavy cream and simmer for ten minutes. Add meatballs and Penn pasta simmer for ten minutes. Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste..
- Serve and top with parmesan cheese.
Get the recipe for One-Pot Sausage Meatballs with Creamy Tomato Penne. Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling on high. With juicy meatballs in a creamy tomato sauce, they're hearty and tasty. With moist and flavorful meatballs swimming in a creamy and tangy gravy, it's a guaranteed family pleaser! Not only are they a sure crowd favorite, these meatballs are versatile, too.