Meatball Sub Casserole.
Ingredients of Meatball Sub Casserole
- You need 1/3 cup of green onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of green bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 loaf of Italian or French bread, sliced into 1 inch thick slices.
- Prepare 8 oz of softened cream cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, divided.
- Prepare 28 oz of jar spaghetti sauce, or homemade sauce if you prefer.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
Meatball Sub Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine onions, bell peppers, breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese..
- Add beef and mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place on a rack on a shallow baking sheet with sides. ( I use cookie sheet ).
- Bake at 400°F until no longer pink in the middle. Usually 15 to 20 minutes..
- Reduce oven to 350°F..
- In a 9×13 ungreased baking dish, arrange the bread slices in a single layer..
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and black pepper..
- Spread evenly over bread slices and top with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese . I like using both mozzarella and parmesan cheese together..
- Combine spaghetti sauce, garlic and water, Add meatballs. Stir well to coat meatballs well..
- Pour over bread and cheese mixture evenly. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese..
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes or until heated through..
- If your in a hurry, you can also use the frozen meatballs, thawed to save time. I like using marinara sauce also in place of spaghetti sauce. Good either way..
- I grill up the leftover bread to use to soak up all the sauce :).