Sheik's Sweet N' Sour Meatballs. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs and onion. These Sweet and Sour Meatballs are made with frozen meatballs and pineapple chunks and are covered in a DELICIOUS homemade sweet and sour Sometimes we take the easy route and just buy frozen meatballs, like what we did with today's recipe for these easy sweet and sour meatballs. Need something sweet but a little sour for your appetite?
Ingredients of Sheik's Sweet N' Sour Meatballs
- It’s of Vegetables.
- It’s 2 cups of red peppers, cubed.
- You need 2 cups of sweet onions, cubed.
- You need 2 cups of broccoli, deflowered.
- It’s of Meatballs:.
- You need 1 of lbs. Ground Beef (80% lean).
- You need 1/2 cup of sweet onions, chopped fine.
- You need 1/2 cup of Pastene Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp. of sea salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of black pepper.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s of Meatball Sauté.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Sweet N' Sour Sauce.
- You need 1 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cold water.
- You need 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 can of pineapple chunks (20 oz.).
- You need 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of chilli powder.
These sweet and sour meatballs are fried then simmered in the sauce, to let the flavor of the sauce seep into the meatballs. Then I had the idea to mix his favorite burgers with a touch of Filipino cooking. I know there are lots of different versions of Sweet and Sour Meatballs out there but this I. Sweet and Sour Meatballs – The best tangy meatballs ever with homemade sweet and sour sauce, good for an appetizer or pairing for a great meal!
Sheik's Sweet N' Sour Meatballs instructions
- Wash and prep your vegetables. Cube the red peppers and sweet onions and deflower and cut the broccoli..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the meatballs and mix thoroughly..
- Roll out your meatballs slightly smaller in size than that of a golf ball. If you got a good eye, the recipe should yield 36 of these scrumptious babies..
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and take a 9 by 15 baking dish, in line it with heavy duty aluminum foil..
- Next, preheat a large fry pan to high heat with 2 tbsp. of olive oil mixed with 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce. Lightly saute the meatballs on all sides to a slightly brown color. You do not want to cook the meatballs through! Just saute them..
- When the meatballs are done, carefully place them in the bottom of the casserole dish..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce. Use a whisk to ensure that all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Next, add your fresh vegetables and again, mix thoroughly..
- Carefully pour the sweet and sour sauce and vegetables over the meatballs. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees in the oven for 1 hour. Cook an additional half hour, uncovered..
- Fresh out of the oven!.
The meatballs I make is seasoned with five-spice powder and the sweet and sour sauce pretty much escalates the taste to the next level. These Sweet and Sour Meatballs are made with frozen meatballs and pineapple chunks and are covered in a DELICIOUS homemade sweet and sour sauce!! Easy Sweet 'n Sour Meatballs – Wildflour's Cottage Kitchen. To one of the very first. Luckily for all of us, these sweet and sour meatballs are sticklers for rules.