Italian Wedding Soup. After reading everyone elses reviews this is what I did to make the best Italian wedding soup I've EVER tasted. I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup. I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup
- It’s 1 of For the meatballs.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of ground beef.
- You need 3/4 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 2/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 4 clove of gatlic minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of oregeno.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of basil.
- It’s 2 tsp of parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk.
- It’s of Soup.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of minced yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of diced celery.
- Prepare 10 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Ditalini or other small pasta.
- Prepare 6 oz of baby spinach washed and trimmed.
The part that takes the most time is making the meatballs. You can use any combination of ground meat you like. The whole family loves this Italian wedding soup with tender meatballs, veggies and pasta in a rich, flavorful broth. Stir the soup in a circular motion.
Italian Wedding Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° combine meatball ingredients in a bowl and stir gently with a fork. Form into 1 inch meatballs, place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake meatballs for 25 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned..
- In the meantime for the soup heat the olive oil over medium-low heat in a large Dutch oven add the onion, carrots and celery and salt until softened 5 to 6 minutes. Stirring occasionally add the chicken stock and wine and bring to a boil .Add the pasta to the simmering broth and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until the pasta is tender. Add the meatballs to the soup and simmer for one minute. Stir in the fresh spinach and cook for 1 minute until the spinach is just wilted. Served hot..
Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin stands of egg. This Italian Wedding Soup can be made on the Stove Top, Crock Pot, or the Instant Pot! Make it with homemade meatballs, or use frozen meatballs for an quick and easy dinner idea! In every season, soup can be just right. In the colder months, it's heartier type soups whereas in the warmer months it's the light, brothy type of soups.