Italian Meatballs (Polpetta).
Ingredients of Italian Meatballs (Polpetta)
- You need 500 grams of Ground meat (50% beef, 50% pork).
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 2 slice of Sandwich bread.
- You need 1 of Panko (fine).
- You need 1 of Egg (large).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of Pepper.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Rosemary.
- You need 1 of Olive oil.
Italian Meatballs (Polpetta) instructions
- Chop the onion, carrots, and garlic..
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the vegetables until the onion becomes translucent and the carrot softens. Be careful not to burn it. Then, transfer to a dish to cool..
- Being careful not to burn them, put the two slices of bread in the oven and bake them to dry them out..
- In a bowl, combine the ground meat, egg, cooled vegetables from Step 2. Crush the dried bread from Step 3 then throw it in as well. Add in some salt and pepper, then mix together your hands..
- Once the mixture has been thoroughly combined, roll into baseball-sized balls..
- Then, roll in the panko to coat..
- When all of them are coated with panko, heat up a large amount of olive oil in a frying pan..
- Once the olive oil has heated up enough, cook the polpetta as though you are frying them..
- Roll the meatballs around to cook all sides well, then transfer them to a 150°C..
- When the surface has browned to a deep color (about 10 minutes), they're ready!.