Easy Crockpot chicken Parmesan pasta.
Ingredients of Easy Crockpot chicken Parmesan pasta
- Prepare 3 of chicken breasts flattened.
- It’s 48 oz of pasta sauce (homemade or store brand).
- It’s 1/2-1 of yellow onion.
- You need 1/2-1 of green bell pepper.
- It’s As needed of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s As needed of Parmesan cheese.
- You need As needed of Italian style bread crumbs.
- Prepare As needed of season:oregano/Italian seasons,parsley, basil, s&p.
- Prepare As needed of minced garlic.
- You need 1 box of pasta noodles penne or whatever.
Easy Crockpot chicken Parmesan pasta step by step
- Wrap trimmed and cleaned chicken breast in Saran Wrap, and beat to just semi flatten so not so thick. Don't flatten completely, just thin down the thickness a little bit..
- Season and Add breasts to crockpot. I seasoned with a meat tenderizer, that had salt/pepper/garlic and onion powder..
- Pour pasta sauce over chicken breasts..
- Add oregano/Italian seasonings that have an assortment of Italian seasonings mixed. Set crockpot to high for 4 hours..
- After about an hour or so I added the onions, bell pepper, garlic..
- When it is about 25 min or so from being done. Start pasta water, and boil pasta noodles until al denta. Drain..
- Now your chicken should be done, shred with fork, and stir around. Add the noodles,coat and mix all in sauce, add in just a little bit cheese, stir and mix around. Then smooth/ flatten everything..
- Now. On top-Sprinkle and add however much mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, bread crumbs, a little more oregano seasoning on top of cheese. Put top back on and let cheese melt. Once done, turn to warm setting..
- Tip: you can also coat chicken in beginning with a breadcrumb/grated cheese mixture before adding to crockpot, but remember it may turn out soggy. Also, you can leave whole and not shred. Your choice..