Ingredients of Chicken Parmigiana
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 4 slice of shortcut bacon.
- Prepare 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion~diced.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 3 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 cup of plain flour.
- You need 2 cup of grated tasty cheese.
Chicken Parmigiana step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 celcius..
- Add 1tbsp oil to medium saucepan and saute onion and garlic for 1 minute..
- Add can of tomatoes, basil and brown sugar. Reduce heat and let simmer for around 40 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened..
- Cut chicken breasts through the centre, horizontally, so you have 4 pieces of breast..
- Coat chicken pieces in flour, dip in whisked egg, then coat in breadcrumbs. Place in 180 celcius oven for around 15 mins, turning once..
- Once chicken has browned, remove from oven, add generous amount of sauce to each breast then top with bacon piece. Add tasty cheese on top of bacon and return oven for around 20 mins, or until cheese is golden..