Chicken Parmigiana. Find answers to all your questions below. What kind of bread crumbs should I use? First, you'll need to coat the chicken in flour.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmigiana
- You need 2 lb of Chicken Breast.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of AP Flour.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Panko.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 2 cup of Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare of About 1 cup of cheese, grated parmesan, mozarella, or both.
Is Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Parmigiana the same? Although spelled differently, chicken parmigiana is also known as chicken parmesan. Authentic Italian Chicken Parmigiana recipe requires only a few simple ingredients to make it stand How to make chicken parmigiana. In this authentic Italian recipe, a fried breaded chicken breast is.
Chicken Parmigiana step by step
- You want to flatten out your chicken breast to start off. The traditional method seems to be to just pound it flat with a meat tenderizer or a heavy skillet. I like to butterfly my chicken cutlets though. If you don't plan on overcooking your chicken, it doesn't need to be pulverized, and it will stay nice and juicy. I lay the breast flat and slice into the mid-section through the thickest part, peeling it opened as I go, just like If you were planning to make stuffed chicken breast or cordon bleu..
- Prepare your dredging platters. Lay out three shallow dishes. In one, add flour, salt, and pepper, and mix it up. In the next, crack 2 eggs, and whisk them up. In the third, spread out your panko. You can use regular breadcrumbs if you can't find panko, but I love panko..
- Place a piece of chicken in the flour and make sure it is coated well. Dust it off just a bit and move it to the egg. Again, make sure it is coated well. Now, into the panko, turning and pressing down a couple of times, making sure that the whole piece of chicken is well coated. Repeat the process with your other chicken pieces. With 2 lbs of chicken breast, you'll probably get 2-3 big pieces..
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. You can cook these bad Larry's on medium-low. I like to cook them pretty slow to get a good golden crisp on both sides, and by this time the chicken should be cooked mostly through depending on how thick you left your cutlets..
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Warm your tomato sauce gently on the stove. I always make my own sauce. Check out my marinara recipe if you're interested, it's very simple..
- When your chicken cutlets are golden, arrange them in a baking platter large enough to accommodate them without any overlap..
- Spread some tomato sauce over the chicken cutlets..
- Top with cheese..
- Place in the oven for about 10 minutes. You just want the cheese to melt, and maybe, if your chicken was pretty thick, to finish cooking it through. If you're confident that your chicken is cooked through, I would recommend broiling instead, just to turn the cheese golden crusty brown. There's really no flavor like that caramel crusty cheese flavor..
Easy and delicious Chicken Parmigiana recipe. If Chicken Parmigiana is your favorite Italian dish, you may be surprised to learn that it is not Italian at all. Remove chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm. From easy Chicken Parmigiana recipes to masterful Chicken Parmigiana preparation techniques, find Chicken Parmigiana ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection. Chicken Parmesan is made of components I love, like juicy chicken, savory Parmesan cheese, tangy tomato sauce, and It's with that in mind that I set out to make the best Chicken Parmigiana ever!