Chicken Parmigiana. Find answers to all your questions below. What kind of bread crumbs should I use? First, you'll need to coat the chicken in flour.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmigiana
- You need 2 of chicken breasts,.
- Prepare 200 g of dried spaghetti,.
- You need of Golden breadcrumbs, around 4 tbsp worth.
- Prepare 40 g of 30% reduced fat mature cheddar cheese,.
- Prepare 250 g of smooth tomato passata,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato pureé,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano,.
- You need of Around 8g finely grated parmesan or hard Italian cheese,.
- It’s Pinch of table salt for cooking water.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed,.
- Prepare of Fresh basil leaves to garnish.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to season,.
- It’s 1 of medium beaten egg,.
Is Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Parmigiana the same? Although spelled differently, chicken parmigiana is also known as chicken parmesan. Authentic Italian Chicken Parmigiana recipe requires only a few simple ingredients to make it stand How to make chicken parmigiana. In this authentic Italian recipe, a fried breaded chicken breast is.
Chicken Parmigiana step by step
- Take each chicken breast and trim off any excess fat or gristle. Take a sharp knife and carefully cut longways through the middle of each breast so you have two thinner pieces. Place them on a chopping board and put cling film over them and using a rolling pin or meat tenderiser gently flatten them out a little bit on the thicker end so they appear more even..
- Season each breast with salt and pepper and dip them into the beaten egg mix and then into the breadcrumbs. Ensure that they are evenly covered with no gaps showing..
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 or 180 degrees and lay some foil over a baking tray and then place a metal grill rack on top. Put the chicken onto the grill rack. Then put into the oven on a upper middle shelf and start to bake for 25-30 minutes..
- Meanwhile put a medium saucepan onto the hob over a medium heat and add the tomato passata. Add salt and pepper to season, the tomato pureé, crushed garlic and dried herbs. Mix together and leave to simmer on a very low heat with a lid on..
- After the chicken has been in the oven for 15 minutes, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil (I usually boil the water in the kettle then add it to the pan to save time). Add the spaghetti and begin cooking according to the packets instructions..
- Keep an eye on the tomato sauce and stir in occasionally, if it looks too thick add a tbsp of the pasta water to it to loosen it up. Once the pasta has finished cooking drain it off in a collender. Season with salt and pepper..
- Remove the chicken from the oven ten minutes before it's cooked. If it's needed, turn each breast piece over on the rack. Spoon over some of the tomato sauce onto the top of each piece of chicken. Cut the cheddar cheese into thin slices and place it over the breaded chicken pieces, evenly. Place it back in the oven for the remaining ten minutes so the cheese melts and the tomato sauce is warm..
- Remove the remaining tomato sauce from the heat. Take the large saucepan, now empty, that the pasta was cooked in and re-add the spaghetti, off the heat. Then ladel in the remainder of the tomato sauce, stir it through the pasta evenly..
- Plate up the spaghetti into shallow bowls. Remove the chicken from the oven, it should be golden brown and the cheese nicely melted now, and place over the top of the pasta, dividing between the two bowls. Grate over a little parmasan and garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!.
Easy and delicious Chicken Parmigiana recipe. If Chicken Parmigiana is your favorite Italian dish, you may be surprised to learn that it is not Italian at all. Remove chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm. From easy Chicken Parmigiana recipes to masterful Chicken Parmigiana preparation techniques, find Chicken Parmigiana ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection. Chicken Parmesan is made of components I love, like juicy chicken, savory Parmesan cheese, tangy tomato sauce, and It's with that in mind that I set out to make the best Chicken Parmigiana ever!