Basic Tomato Bruschetta Dip.
Ingredients of Basic Tomato Bruschetta Dip
- It’s 1 of large beefsteak tomato (or 2 Roma types), finely chopped and mashed up with a fork.
- Prepare 1 of small clove garlic.
- Prepare 7 leaves of fresh basil, finely chopped plus a whole leaf or two for garnish (you can use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dry basil).
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt to start.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of lemon or balsamic if needed for more tartness.
Basic Tomato Bruschetta Dip instructions
- After you chop your tomatoes, either take the back of a fork and mash them up a bit or use your knife in a rocking action to mash them. Doing this will give your dip some thickness and body to stick to your bread..
- Put the tomatoes in a medium bowl and grate a small clove (or half a regular one) into the bowl. Preferable to grate rather than chop so you don't get chunks of garlic in the mixture..
- Add salt and chopped basil, stir, give it a taste, and adjust seasoning if needed..
- Pour a good glug or two of olive oil into the bowl (1.5 to 2 Tablespoons is good)..
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with bread of choice..