Chicken Piccata. Chicken breast cutlets, dredged in flour, browned, served with sauce of butter, lemon juice, capers, and stock or wine. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Remove from heat and stir lemon juice into sauce; season with salt.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccata
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 large of minced shallot.
- It’s 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of capers, rinsed.
- You need 2 of red chilis, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of low sodium or homemade chicken stock.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped chives.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cold butter, salted or usalted.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
Chicken piccata is an Italian-American staple beloved for its piquant flavors cradled in a silky, butter-rich pan sauce. It also doesn't hurt that it cooks up very quickly. Chicken sauteed in white wine, lemon and butter gets a boost from mushrooms in this rendition of a classic. Chicken Piccata is traditionally made with white wine pan sauce, but I didn't have any wine on hand (I know, I was shocked too), so I subbed it with chicken broth.
Chicken Piccata step by step
- Combine flour, parmesan cheese,black pepper and italian seasoning in a bowl..
- Pound chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap to a even 1/4 inch thickness.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet , put each chicken breast in flour mixture bowl just to lighlty coat and dry cicken. This is a very light coating, more o a seasoned rub. Add chicken to hot oil/ butter in skillet, do not crowd. Cook for about 3 miutes for each side, add more olive oi if needed and cook until golden, remove to plate and tent with foil to keep warm..
- Into skillet where chicken was cooked add shallot, garlic and chilis, cook just until soft, 1 miniute, add white wine and deglaze pan by scraping bottom of pan and reducing wine to almost gone. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and cream, the 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and bring to a boil and cook a few minutes until a light sauce, add capers, parsley and chives, Turn heat to low and whisk in butter. Taste sauce add salt just if needed. Serve sauce over chicken..
The sauce was still so good that I wanted. Begin by prepping the chicken breasts. First slice each chicken Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary. Remove the chicken piccata from the. Chicken piccata with lemon sauce is exquisite and easy to prepare.