Chicken Piccata. Chicken breast cutlets, dredged in flour, browned, served with sauce of butter, lemon juice, capers, and stock or wine. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Remove from heat and stir lemon juice into sauce; season with salt.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccata
- Prepare 1 of large chicken breast (or 2 small), pounded to 1/4" and sliced in 4.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of extra light virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 dash of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of dry white wine or white cooking wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken stock, or broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice, not concentrate.
- You need 1 tbsp of petite capers, drained.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 7 slice of lemon rounds thinly sliced.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of fresh finely chopped parsley – very optional.
Chicken piccata is an Italian-American staple beloved for its piquant flavors cradled in a silky, butter-rich pan sauce. It also doesn't hurt that it cooks up very quickly. Chicken sauteed in white wine, lemon and butter gets a boost from mushrooms in this rendition of a classic. Chicken Piccata is traditionally made with white wine pan sauce, but I didn't have any wine on hand (I know, I was shocked too), so I subbed it with chicken broth.
Chicken Piccata instructions
- This dish works up very quickly when it gets started. My biggest HINT – have all your ingredients ready before you start..
- Heat oil in pan on medium high heat. I gave 3 tablespoons as a guideline but it depends upon the size of your pan. I have a 12" pan so I use 3 tablespoons..
- Salt & pepper each piece of chicken then dredge in flour making sure to shake off excess flour. Hint: if you have an electric stove oil takes awhile to heat; so you be the judge as to the timing..
- Saute cutlets 2-3 minutes on one side, flip saute cutlets with COVERED pan 1-2 minutes more. Transfer to warm plate or cover with foil. Pour off fat but not the bits that collected from chicken that's where all the flavor is..
- Add wine and garlic – stir scraping pan to loosen up bits. Cook until garlic is slightly brown and liquid is nearly gone – about 1 minute, or so..
- Add broth, lemon juice and capers. Return cutlets to pan & cook 1 minute on each side. Transfer cutlets to a different plate (for sanitary reasons)..
- To finish recipe – Add butter and lemon slices to pan. Once butter melts, give a quick stir and pour over cutlets. Optional – garnish with only fresh chopped parsley..
The sauce was still so good that I wanted. Begin by prepping the chicken breasts. First slice each chicken Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary. Remove the chicken piccata from the. Chicken piccata with lemon sauce is exquisite and easy to prepare.