Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce.
Ingredients of Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce
- You need 2 (28 oz) of cans crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- You need 1 (6 oz) of can tomato paste.
- It’s 4 cloves of (large) fresh garlic – crushed.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion – diced.
- You need 1 of medium bell pepper (color of your choosing) – diced.
- It’s 8 oz of fresh mushrooms – sliced (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbs of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 tsp of dried parsley.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of Optional Meats.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef – raw, pinched into several small pieces.
- Prepare 5 of Italian sausages (mild or hot) – raw.
Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce step by step
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, and bell pepper (and mushrooms if desired). Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add crushed garlic and tomato paste stir to coat everything with tomato paste. Cook 5 minutes more stirring constantly..
- Dump both cans of tomatoes and tomato sauce into a 5 quart crock pot. Add cooked veggie mixture and all remaining ingredients except meats. Stir to thoroughly combine..
- Add ground beef, stir gently to combine. Nestle whole sausages down into sauce until covered. Place lid on crock pot. Cook on low for 5 hours..
- At 5 hours, remove sausages, cut to 1/2-1 inch slices. Return to sauce, stir to combine. Turn crock pot up to high, cook with lid offset for 1 additional hour to thicken sauce a little. Serve over pasta of choice (remove bay leaves before serving). Enjoy!.
- Note: This makes enough that I freeze about half for another night!.