Elaine's thick and meaty spaghetti sauce. This is by far our favorite spaghetti sauce. It is so thick and meaty that sometimes my boys just pour it over a piece of garlic bread and eat it like that! Stir in green pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings; mix well.
Ingredients of Elaine's thick and meaty spaghetti sauce
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of bulk italian sausage.
- You need 1 medium of green bell peper,chopped.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 8 of cloves of garlic,minced.
- Prepare 3 can of (14 1/2 oz )italian diced tomatoes,drained.
- It’s 2 can of (15oz)each tomatoe sauce.
- It’s 2 can of (6oz each) tomato paste.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried marjoram.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 of spaghetti or noodles of choice.
- Prepare 8 oz of sliced mushrooms.
Just have a couple cans of paste available if you want that. A Easy Thick & Hearty Spaghetti Sauce. This sauce is well seasoned & very versatile. It can be used in sloppy joe.
Elaine's thick and meaty spaghetti sauce instructions
- Brown ground beef and sausage,drain off grease.put into 5quart crockpot..
- Add all other ingredients except noodles. Cook on low for8hours.
- Makes 12 servings.
To thicken spaghetti sauce, start by bringing the sauce to a boil. Then, turn down the heat slightly and let the sauce simmer uncovered. As the sauce simmers, the water in it will evaporate and the sauce will get thicker. You can also add a little bit of cornstarch to the sauce to thicken it without changing. This Southern Spaghetti Sauce Recipe is a savory, rich thick homemade spaghetti sauce filled with aromatics and spices ready to devour over pastas!