Crockpot Beef Ragu. Keywords: beef ragu, crockpot recipe, polenta recipe, beef and polenta. Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram and hashtag it #pinchofyum. This slow cooker beef ragu is the first recipe I made from the book and it was every bit as luscious and comforting as I expected it to be.
Ingredients of Crockpot Beef Ragu
- Prepare 1 of large pack ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- You need 10 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 can (28 ounce) of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 ounce) of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of basil leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 box (16 ounce) of pasta.
- Prepare of Salt for boiling water.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese for topping.
How do you make beef ragu? First, cut the roast into smaller pieces and place in the crock pot. Add of the seasonings that will give this recipe such great flavor! Finally, add the broth and let the slow cooker do the work.
Crockpot Beef Ragu step by step
- Sauté ground beef in a large pot until browned, drain any fat…….
- Add your 1/2 cup red wine and simmer beef until wine has reduced, about 5 – 10 minutes…….
- Remove ground beef from pot and place in your crockpot……..
- Add to ground beef : onion, green pepper, garlic, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, black pepper, oregano, Italian seasoning and basil leaves, stir well……
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, stirring occasionally…..
- Meanwhile boil pasta, and don’t forget to add salt to the boiling water !!!.
- When pasta is done place into serving bowls…….
- Stir beef Ragu one more time, then add the heavy cream and mix all well…….
- Serve a heaping portion of beef on top of cooked pasta, then add Parmesan cheese on top…….
- Serve and enjoy 😉!.
I like to cook this on low all day. The ragu sauce in this Crock-Pot Beef Ragu with Pappardelle Pasta is simmered away in the slow cooker all day for a rich meaty sauce that is perfect for dinner any night of the week! Crockpot Beef Ragu is truly the perfect dinner solution. All it has done in the last week or so is rain! Weather like this makes me just want to stay home!