Ingredients of Fettuccine Bolognese
- You need 3 of Rashers streaky bacon.
- Prepare 1 of Brown onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot, chopped.
- You need 1 stick of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 500 grams of Ground beef.
- You need 4 large of Roma tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped button mushrooms.
- It’s 1 cup of Red wine.
- You need 2 of Dried bay leaves.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chopped parsley.
- Prepare 400 grams of Dried fettuccine.
- You need 2 tbsp of Tomato paste (concentrate).
- It’s 1 of Good pinch sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- You need 1 of Chopped parsley to serve.
- It’s 1 of Grated Parmesan to serve.
Fettuccine Bolognese instructions
- Chop bacon and add to pot. Fry on low heat..
- Now chop onion & garlic and add to bacon. Fry until onion starts to soften..
- Meanwhile- finely chop carrot and celery and add to the pot. Increase heat to medium and fry until slightly softened..
- Now add beef and cook until browned. I use a plastic egg flip to chop up the mince as it cooks..
- Chop tomatoes and add to pot..
- Now chop mushroom & parsley- add to pot along with bay leaves, wine, tomato paste and seasoning.
- Lower heat- throw the lid on and allow to slowly simmer for at least an hour. I let mine go for an hour and a half. Sauce will have thickened and taste concentrated..
- Meanwhile- cook fettuccine as to packet directions..
- Spoon some Bolognese over, a sprinkle of parsley and grated Parmesan cheese and Bob's your Aunty! Goes great with some crusty garlic bread and a glass of red wine. Yummo!.