Homemade Hamburger Helper. I wasn't introduced to Hamburger Helper until I got married. This homemade Hamburger Helper recipe has ground beef, macaroni, and a flavorful cheesy cheddar sauce that kids and adults will love! This is probably one of my kid's favorite meals.
Ingredients of Homemade Hamburger Helper
- You need 1 lb of ground beef, drained.
- Prepare 1/2 bottle of or 8oz Ragu double cheddar sauce.
- Prepare 1 jar of milk and water, half milk and half water, use the ragu jar,plus a little more if needed.
- You need 2 of beef bullion cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of macaroni or noodles, uncooked.
- You need 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 cups of shredded American cheese.
- It’s of Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders.
This homemade hamburger helper is a lunch and dinner staple in my house! Sometimes, though, the youngest gets up the nerve to ask me for food that comes from a box. This Cheeseburger Casserole is a homemade Hamburger Helper recipe. A homemade version of Hamburger Helper, the boxed pasta.
Homemade Hamburger Helper step by step
- Brown and drain ground beef. Season. Add ragu and milk and water, bullion cubes, and noodles or macaroni. Simmer on med low covered until macaroni is tender. Stir occasionally and add more liquid if necessary. Add sour cream and cheese and melt in. Season more if needed..
Hamburger helper is a simple and tasty way to spice. Hamburger Helper is one of those nostalgic meals that the whole family loves. But the boxed version you grew up eating is full of preservatives and added chemicals. Homemade Hamburger Helper is made from things you likely already have in the pantry/fridge, this I make it ahead – in that I make up little baggies of the spices and seasonings, with the pasta and. Tips for Making Homemade Hamburger Helper.